The New Mexico Young America Football and Cheer League is the oldest and most respected youth football and cheer organization in the state of New Mexico. Nearly 54 years ago, NMYAFL was organized to teach the youth of our communities the sport of football and cheer. Since that time, the organization has grown from just a few areas to many districts across the Albuquerque Metro area.
One simple rule has always governed the organization and allowed it to grow. We are about the kids. We have a competitive and a recreational division. We offer a program for all level of play. We are not perfect, but continuously strive to keep the well being of our kids as our main focus. We understand that the longevity and success of our youth football organization depends on the positive experience of the players and the parents in our community.
Why should my child play in the New Mexico Young America Football League?
- All of the equipment needed to play is included in the registration fee ! Nothing else need to buy to play!
- All of our coaches are USA Football Heads Up Certified. The premier youth football governing body in the United States. Not only are our head coaches certified, but all our assistant coaches as well.
- National, State and Local background checks for all player contact volunteers. This includes all coaches, and team administration including managers and moms.
- Our practice and game facilities are locally sourced to your area. While games will be held at many locations throughout the Albuquerque metro area.
- Championship Superbowl games are held at Local High School Stadiums!
- Practices are held at convenient times for your athlete to attend. The majority of games are played on Saturdays. Championship Games are held on Sundays.
- NMYAFL has many returning players. Our teams promote Good Sportsmanship, Fair Play, Teamwork, and Self Respect, along with Respect of others.
- NMYAFL teams are all volunteers. Parents need not fear a huge commitment of volunteer time, unless they choose to. You may be asked to help out on occasion to hold down markers or help with refreshments.
- NMYAFL parents and players are not required to fundraise large amounts of money to play. Parents may choose to help the team fundraise for items for the players and cheerleaders or to travel for post season if the team desires. Coaches will not "require" players to take personal lessons with them or to attend expensive camps or other team activities (OTA’s). Players are welcomed and even encouraged to attend local camps in their area, but it is never mandatory.
- NMYAFL areas are associated with their local high school. The league is structured around the current metro area high school district maps. Check with your local area school for the school district boundaries. Many high school football programs offer local skills camps and other fun activities to familiarize the player with the game as well as to introduce them to their great schools.
- NMYAFL offers various levels of play and programs. This is in line with the USA Football governing body. In fact, NMYAFL was the second league in the nation to adopt the USA football safety program.
NMYAFL has teams in areas ranging from the as far north as Bernalillo, east as Moriarty, south as Belen, and west as Grants. This makes for fun traveling to play your games similar to high school. There are a lot of programs to choose from. We hope you will see why we are the best in the Albuquerque area and choose to place your child in one of our districts and to become a part of the best organization in the state!